Friday, May 22, 2009

Cafe Botanikal

If you read my previous blog, probably you will know I have a mission that is to eat all the good food in Melaka before leaving. So the other day, I went to have Cafe Botanikal garden with Joshee.

According to Jason Mumbles, Nasi Bohari is a must try. So without looking through the other dishes, I've took my order. And baby ordered Baked Rice Beef steak with Mango Juice. We also ordered a plate of fruit rojak. Due to the reason, I haven't 100% recover, I also ordered a glass of water.

The place is very nice decorated. It has a opened concept kitchen too. Waitress and waiters are all in uniforms, they all look very neat! It also has a private room for family or friends who would like to have a private moment celebrating their days. But sadly to say, I found fly flying around and it actually stayed on my glass =.=

There were not many guests in house and we didn't wait long enough for our food. But however, they serve the main course very soon after their appetizer - Fruit Rojak which is kinda weird. Me and baby were rushing to finish up the rojak before our get cold. And I actually have to ask baby to eat his rice and leave our appetizer as our dessert.

Nothing special on the meals actually with the price charged. For my nasi bohari, the rice taste rather normal just that it looks like very brownish with a piece of fried chicken, 2 sambal udang and a few ketul of beef rendang. The fried chicken is rather dried and tasteless. But the beef rendang was delicious. But however, with the price of RM 12.50 I bet you could have the same meal much cheaper out there.

Baby's baked rice was very ordinary, the steak is sized 10cm X 6cm. So I guess you could actually have a bigger picture how "big" it is. Baby's mango juice is rather thick and nice. But again, with the price of RM 6, I guess you could have 2 big jug of mango juice at Air Buah Stall.

So bill time, with 1 rojak (RM5) + Nasi Bohari (Rm12.50) + Baked Rice Beef steak (Rm12.50) + Mango Juice (RM 6) + Sky juice (RM 0.30) = RM 36.30 and 5% SERVICE CHARGE (RM 1.82) = RM 38.10.

I might not be going back already. Reasons?
  1. The food doesn't worth the price
  2. Below average service - Since the cafe is charging service charge, I will expect a much higher service standard. The waitress she cleaned out the plate without asking for permission. I guess it's a very general manner that she has to ask for permission before cleaning off or doing anything on client's plate. There were 4 waiters and waitress standing around chatting. There were even a waitress singing at the counter.
  3. Sky juice is chargable. It shows that the cafe is very stingy. They are charging 5% of service charge and yet they are charging Rm0.30 for sky juice. So basically, I don't see the reason of paying 5% service charge. Rock and Roll Blues Cafe doesn't charge for sky juice and yet they are not charging service charge. I think the cafe should reconsider this.

No comments: